Museum History

HOME      ABOUT US      TOUR       MUSEUM HISTORY       BEHIND THE SCENES       HISTORY OF THE REGIMENT       GIFT SHOP       CONTACT US
 

 

The Military Police Corps Museum first opened at the Provost Marshal General Center (PMGC) at Fort Gordon, Georgia in 1956. The MP Museum was formally registered with the Office of the Chief of Military History (OCMH) in June 1963. The OCMH was the forerunner of the Center of Military History, the proponent for Army history and Army museums.
 

In 1976, the museum relocated to Fort McClellan, Alabama along with the U.S. Army Military Police School (USAMPS). On September 26, 1986, the Military Police Corps was formally placed under the Army's regimental system and the name of the museum was changed to the Military Police Corps Regimental Museum.
 

The MP Museum and USAMPS relocated to Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri in 1999 when Fort McClellan closed under the 1995 Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) hearings.
The MP Museum at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri and a portion of its exhibits were dedicated by Brigadier General Donald J. Ryder, USAMPS Commandant, on September 29, 2000. Construction was completed and the remainder of the MP Museum exhibit gallery opened to the public in September 2002.
 

 

Fort Gordon MP Corps Museum


Official Website of the U.S. Army Military Police Corps Regimental Museum                                                                                                                                                                                                                              User Agreement/Disclaimer

 

WebMaster POC
Privacy & Security
Section 508