Directorate of Human Resources - In and Out Processing

DHR Home

AG crest

Mission Statement:

To Provide the Fort Leonard Wood Community with the full spectrum of military human resources and personnel services support.

140 Replacement Ave Bld 470

Fort Leonard Wood, MO

573-596-0131 Ext 6-3033

FAQs In process FAQs | Out process FAQs

Important things to remember when you are coming to in/out process
Always wear Duty Uniform when in processing.
You must have your PCS Orders and DA Form 31 (Leave Form) when in processing.
You will need your new home address or an address to your temporary residence as well as beneficiary's contact information if a new beneficiary is being assigned.
Appointments for Post Clearing Papers are made after 1300 by calling the number listed above.
When clearing, any Soldier taking leave must have a DA Form 31 Leave Form even if the leave is only for travel time to the next duty station.

Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:

In Processing-

When does the inprocessing brief begin?

(Answer) The brief will begin promptly at 0730 and last for 2 hours. NOTE: The brief will NEVER be held on a Federal Holiday.

WWhat should I do in the case of inclement weather?

(Answer) For inclement weather updates call 573-563-4141. In processing will begin after any issued delay (2, 4 or 6 hours after regular business hours).

When do I find out what Unit I am assigned to?

(Answer) After the In Processing Brief you will be provided a memorandum that will pinpoint your specific unit.

What if I’m assigned to a TRADOC, MEDDAC or DENTAC Unit?

(Answer) Those belonging to one of the previously listed unit are still required to in processing in Room 2118 prior to going to their unit.

When do I update my Record of Emergency Data - DD93 and Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance Election and Certificate (SGLI)?

(Answer) The DD93 and SGLI will be updated during in processing. Be sure to have address and beneficiary information with you as previously stated.

How long do I have to return my in processing checklist?

(Answer) An in processing checklist will be provided after the brief and must be returned to Room 2118 within 5-7 working days.

When do I report to my unit?

(Answer) You will report to your unit after updating the DD93 and SGLI.

Out Processing-

What do I do when I receive my orders?

(Answer) Have your S-1 Contact the In and Out Processing Office at the number referenced on the top of the page to make an appointment for post clearing.

When should my S-1 make an appointment for my post clearing papers?

(Answer) Appointments are made 10 days, at most, prior to the start of the Soldier’s leave. If the Soldier is not taking leave then the appointment will be made for the Soldier’s last day in the Army.

What do I need to bring to my clearing appointment?

(Answer) You must bring a copy of your orders and a working copy of your DA Form 31 Leave Form with blocks 11 and 12 signed.

How do I finalize my departure from Fort Leonard Wood?

(Answer) To finalize your departure you will make a final out appointment when obtaining your clearing paper work.

What do I need to bring with me to my final out appointment?

(Answer) To depart you must have the following documents:

  • DA Form 137-1 Unit Clearance Record
  • DA Form 137-2 Post Clearance Record
  • Perstempo
  • Orders
  • DA Form 31 Leave Form with a control number

*NOTE: All above listed documents will need to be provided with all the required signatures in order to avoid a delay in your departure!